skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The good, the bad and the super ugly...
I really enjoy cleaning. Maybe it's not the literal act of cleaning rather than actual cleanliness. There is a sense of accomplishment at the final result of it all. I guess that's why my new vacuum is my hero at the moment. I won't tell you how much it picks up every single time I vacuum, that would be sort of embarrassing (Peyton sheds her weight in hair daily, I seriously don't how she isn't bald). Anyway, I usually end up cleaning at the store for the reasons mentioned above. There are definitely things I don't mind cleaning, like the chairs that have milkshake dripping down the legs, trays with sauce puddled in the corners, trash cans that have collected juice from a leaking trash bag, spilled and sticky Hi-C fruit punch and much more. But there are some areas where I draw the line. Last week I covered a shift for one of our team members and incidentally (as Regis would say) was the dining room cleaning attendant. Not having checked the bathroom in a while (and having only one stall open due to plumbing issues) I figured it could use a check up. Cleaning the bathroom is not usually something that would scar me, but on this night that changed. As I entered the restroom I noticed the smell. There were crumpled paper towels on the counter with a hint of brown substance. Unusual, I thought. Then I entered the stall. Without going into detail, I will tell you I gaged. There, on the surface of the toilet, the toilet paper, the toilet paper holder and the waste basket 'it' was smeared, with the source still obviously in the toilet (unflushed). Everywhere. Lovely. Some unaccompanied he/she child had left me a present, that I did not want. Let me just say I do not handle 'poop' situations well. I have a hard time changing diapers (as my sisters would tell you I don't do very often, with just a hint of resentment in their voices) so you can imagine how thrilled I was in this instance. Who was going to do deal with this, though, if I didn't? So, I donned my gloves, cleaner and sanitizer and attacked the contaminated bathroom stall with all my might. A major sense of accomplishment at it's sparkling finish, and the fact that I saved the rest of those in the restaurant from the evil lurking in the bathroom, made me feel a little better. It's clean now, but let this be a lesson to those who have small children. You never know what has been left behind by someone else's child or what yours might leave behind (not on purpose, of course) . So please, for the sake of us all, chaperone your little munchkin to a public restroom or teach them how to wipe effectively.
3 comments:
ohhhh man! Your a true trooper looking out for the greater good! :) you know...I can kinda see how working for wilderness has prepared you for life working and operating a cfa...pretty cool. ps...i think this blog is really going to make me realize how much I miss you but will hopefully make me feel like you are not so far away. :)
That is hilarious!!! Absolutely disgusting, but hilarious! I love how you explained it! Thanks for taking care of those situations so the rest of us don't have to experience it, too! Miss you, Ruthie... and thanks for starting a blog- I'm so excited to read it!
You misspelled gaged - correct spelling: gagged. :) Love you so and thanks for the laugh!!!
Post a Comment