Monday, May 23, 2011

I hate it, but I love it...

I just can't seem to get this blogging thing down. I get on a bit of a role with keeping up and then I forget I have a blog altogether. I'd like to say that I've been super busy since the last time I updated, but I honestly can't remember what has happened since then. I know I took a trip to Wyoming to see some dear friends and experience a little taste of the windy west. Other than that, our life has been pretty uneventful :) I guess I need to learn how to make my sometimes mundane life a little more exciting so I have something to blog about :)

The title of this post, however, is not to discuss my love/hate relationship with blogging, it's actually about my love/hate relationship with P90x! Corey and I began this exercise program about 2 months ago. It's a series of workout DVD's that are to be done everyday, with the exception of a rest/stretch day. Corey is doing the classic version (which I started out doing but felt like my legs doubled in size within the first week!) and I'm doing the lean version (which is basically building leaner muscle with more cardio based workouts). That protein shake is what we have to look forward to after each workout...surprisingly, I have come to crave it :)


We decided to forego the nutrition plan that goes along with the intense P90x program (we've heard it's pretty ridiculous:). Through Chick-fil-A we have a access to Chick-fil-A Wellness which provides one to one coaching for Operators and their wives. So now, once a month, we get on a conference call (not together, we have different trainers and different goals :) with a nutritionist and trainer to update them and be held accountable for how we are doing in our plans (my trainer is the one who suggested I switch to the lean version to avoid my legs developing into tree trunks). My goal is just to be more healthy all around - to develop healthier eating habits and exercise routinely. Corey's goal is to run faster and jump higher. For the past two months we have both been making wiser choices with what we eat and getting through P90x every day (I guess I shouldn't say every day because there are days we inevitably miss and days I refuse to do, like yoga...it's an hour and half spent mostly on your toes and wrists and I absolutely despise it!). We've even gotten some of our team members on the p90x bandwagon!

We go through periods of time where we get a kick out of Tony Horton (he's the guy on the cover who leads the workouts...no, we don't look like him yet :) and times where he's the last person on earth we want to listen to while we're working out :) But, in a sense, he has become part of our little family. I'm pretty sure Peyton would recognize him in real life since she's heard his voice so much :) Before Ab Ripper X, which is an ab workout about 16 minutes long that makes your abs feel as though they are literally ripping from your body, Tony efficiently describes it by saying "I hate it, but I love it". I would say this statement adequately describes how I feel about the entire thing :)

It's actually a handy little system. You can take the DVD's with you anywhere and all you really need is a resistance band (or a small set of weights...I wouldn't recommend traveling with those though:) and you can do it in the comfort of your own home. It's been fun to have Corey as a partner it is as well. We are able to hold each other accountable and see how our bodies have changed as a result. I would highly recommend it to anyone who really wants to whip themselves into shape! I will warn you though, the hardest part is not just pushing the play button :)

ps...Be on the lookout for my next post about our trip to Vegas, with a little of the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam on the side :)

No comments: