Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Southern Comfort

When Corey and I headed back to the South for two weeks at the end of July we made a "must" list to complete while we were there. I must confess, I'm pretty sure all our "musts" involved food. While we are enjoying all that California cuisine has to offer, we desperately miss several eateries! I know the quality of these aren't the greatest as they were taken on various phones but you get the picture :)

I have no picture of the actual food, I guess we were too wrapped up in eating :)


There's simply NO ice cream that can touch Blue Bell! Every bite of every flavor is delightful!

I know, this is dreadful, but in my defense I was stuffed in the back of a Suburban full of fussy, hungry children when I remembered that I needed a pic...this visit was for the fries, I can't really describe them :)

Enough said!


Yes, that is fried okra! I LOVE Cracker Barrel! Especially the country store :)

They used to make the chocolate chip cookie dough with some sort of maple ice cream. I don't why they stopped but it just isn't the same :(

I forget to get a pic of the food here too :( Great sliders and even better shakes!

This is from the Wolf Bay Lodge sea food restaurant in Perdidio Beach, AL where my grandfather lives :) I LOVE fried crab claws and they are kinda hard to find.

This isn't my favorite but Corey insisted that it be on the list :)

Not pictured? DUNKIN DONUTS!!! Come to CA Dunkin! We also had Jim 'N Nick's on the list but were unable to fit it in unfortunately :(

I know these aren't the healthiest option, but when in the South...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I was in Birmingham for my visit, I had mexican, Milo's tea, DreamLand BBQ, and my grandmothers butter beans n cornbread.