skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Is that my voice? Is that MY voice?
So it's kind of always been a dream of mine to be the voice of a cartoon character. Actually, it probably hasn't been "always", I just say that because I don't remember when the dream really came about. There is something very appealing and fun about the thought of putting life into an animated character. This guy came up to me last week at the front counter at Chick-fil-A and asked me if I had ever thought about doing voice overs. My heart froze. Is this an agent of some sort, a casting director, someone who can make my dreams come true? Not quite, just a random person who thought I had a funny voice, I guess. He told me to go to a website called LA411. I did just that when I got home ;) It's basically a hub of agencies and contacts in the entertainment industry. Kind of overwhelming and intimidating, so I wasn't there for long but I did find out you can take classes on voice overs. I guess it's just like taking acting classes but it never really dawned on me that I could learn the process and train to do it! It's sort of been one of those ideas in the back of my mind that sounded great but in reality would never happen. A guy that works for us is seriously into modeling and acting and just signed with an agent. He told me today that his agent has clients he casts for voice overs. Could it be? Another avenue of opportunity? It's funny how the mind can play tricks on you. I immediately saw myself in a major motion animated film, walking the red carpet at it's premiere and getting a big kick out of my little character. Needless to say, I doubt it will be that easy. I am seriously contemplating taking some classes though. It might be a good idea for me to actually know a little something about this whole voice over thing before I set out in pursuit of it ;) One day though, it would be fun to say that I am the voice behind the cartoon. One day...
1 comment:
Ruthie, you should definitely do it! I actually have a friend who's husband does the voice over thing out a California. You want me to try to get his contact for you to maybe just ask him about the business?
Post a Comment